Friday, June 3, 2011

Willow


Willow willow...why do you weep?
I am here, I do not sleep.
Like you, I have no lasting rest.
Like you, I never pass that test.
I lie and wonder what waits ahead.
My restless rustlings confound my bed.
I sweat and breathe and cry and moan,
but peace is not for me to own.
What we want cannot be found
in house or church or in the ground.
If it ever finds its way
past dewy dark and dreary day,
to greet you on some fateful morn
and kindles in you hope reborn,
Would you kindly send reply
by lifting up your branches high?
But if not, then don’t despair
for I will stroke your leafy hair.
Keep thyself most bowed and bent
and I will follow your descent.
You can hollow out my fears
and I will catch and guard your tears.
Together we shall always be
part weeping girl and crying tree.
And time and wind will pass us through,
and leave us with a grayish hue,
and I shall  draw my final breath
and enter into final death.
Weeping then, alone you’ll be.
Sweet friend, I hope you weep for me.





2 comments:

  1. Hello
    I am Renee' Summers. a poet and i was asked to read your poems by Randy.
    This poem is powerful yet there is a hint of sorrow and deep sadness. What a wonderful poem, well written and beautifully phrased. Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fallen leaves,
    Cold ground,
    Deep silence,
    Deaf whispers,
    Alone in own imaginary world
    Are you here my angel?

    Please, don’t open the door of my dreams
    I don’t want to wake up
    You are in my Dreams
    You are with me
    Don't wake me up
    For when I'm awake
    I long to be with you, my angel

    Don’t close your eyes,
    I want to remember them
    Don’t spread your wings
    I miss you…

    Open your arms
    I want to be forever in your heart
    Show me your smile,
    Knowing this dream is real
    Don’t shad tears for me
    I only want your smiles

    Haunting memories,
    Loving Dreams
    I won’t let you flee
    Calling you in my dreams
    Save my sanity…
    Break these chains of my loneliness
    Dreaming of you in the dark
    The only place where I can find warm love is in your embrace
    Will you take me in your embrace?
    Will you love me?
    Will you open my soul?
    Wash all my sorrows away

    ReplyDelete