Sunday, May 1, 2011

Collision

Thoughts of you collide with implanted notions.
My inheritance
from a generation of tearful treason,
burned into my brain
like a brand of incessant mumblings
that should need no
interpretation,
but I asked for one anyway.
Well-intentioned
mockery of the heart of humanity
has begat nothing.
Only a blind misery made palpable
by fantasy
that caused an illusion of love.

The impact is destructive,
consequences interruptive,
carcasses of my universe
decomposing all around.
Carnage is scattered and
my assumptions are battered,
but in the midst of it all
stands you…

The only thing still intact amid
all this twisted debris,
between the crushed pieces of my
former frame of mind,
where black and white once were are shades
of gray that now I see...
They are the only things left that
separate you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment